Despite the oppressive heat here in South Georgia, school is back in session. People are shaking off the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer and jumping back into order and routine. There’s no better time to look at your document management routine and ensure that you’re getting the most value from your documents. Below, we list out the top five ways to create value with your company’s documents.
- Know what documents you actually have. Documents are not adding value to your company if you don’t even know what you have. SRS’s indexing service is at the core of our document management business, and it’s what differentiates us from other companies. By indexing, we’re able to go through and help you understand what documents you actually have, what documents are redundant or related to similar cases, and what documents you no longer need.
- Know where your documents are. Documents are not adding value to your organization if your team members have to spend countless hours trying to locate them. Once SRS indexes your files using our proprietary system, you have access to our “Scan-on-Demand” program in which we will deliver the requested file(s) directly to you, typically within the hour, but absolutely no longer than 24 business hours. Doesn’t that sound better than digging through old files and boxes?
- Get rid of documents you no longer need. Many companies end up keeping records far longer than necessary. One crucial step in the indexing process is working with companies to understand their retention policies and apply them as we go through the documents. This makes it easier to find the information you need when you need it and save on costs from storing records that are no longer needed. We are able to shred the outdated records in a compliant manner and keep your other records on a retention policy to shred them once it’s time.
- Free up valuable real estate. With our indexing system, we take all your physical records off your hands. That frees up space within your office. Records are stored in state-of-the-art facilities that meet the industry’s most stringent compliance standards, including with 24/7 video monitoring and lock-and-key access.
- Give your team members time back. The indirect costs associated with being your own document management solution are shockingly high. The average desktop shredder can shred about 40 pages per minute. In contrast, our shredder can destroy over 30 pounds of paper in one minute. That’s over 2000 pounds in one hour. Which one sounds more efficient to you? Similarly, the average desktop scanner can only scan 30 pages per minute and requires precious staff time. Indexing and customized document management solutions are far more efficient than scanning every single file. What’s more, team members will no longer spend time pouring through old files to find the ones they need. Instead, they can reclaim their time and focus on their highest and best use of time – tending to your clients and patients and giving them the absolute best service possible.
At Secure Records Solutions, our goal is to help clients gain the most value from their documents, and, ultimately, improve their lives. If any of these solutions sound appealing to your business as we get back into the swing of the new school year, contact us today.